Paint for Blood (Chalice Blood, #1) - Emily Ryan-Davis

Read this review on my blog! --> Book Travels

I found myself intrigued by this story after reading the summary. There are thousands of books centered on vampires but this one treated more about the creation and why indiscriminate creation could destroy the world.
At first I was a little lost with the characters and the explanations about the chalice and why the vampires were trying to find one. But once I was caught in the story everything was explained. And the truth is disturbing and very realistic. People always try to find a way to live forever, so vampires and humans have the same goals.
One thing I didn’t understand and for me was irrelevant was why Dessa Collier character had to get pregnant and give her babies away. She worked and had her own paycheck, so it was not a big deal for her to raise her babies. Plus she really has issues with her friends. Knowing pretty well that Waiva was a bitch and still she accepted several things during the years. Not cool.
I didn’t understand the relationship between Dessa and Teijon. Don’t get me wrong is nothing about him being black and she being white, but what exactly he wanted from her, because he was not in love with a girl he barely saw once in his life and would thrown everything away just to be with her. Didn’t get it. The was very strange for me, but I liked the investigation and how Tejion handled things, especially how good he is trying to protect Dessa, even when she try her best to run away from him.